Saturday, April 6, 2013

Earth Day - what have we contributed?

23 March, 2038H announced as Earth Hour for 2013 in Malaysia thus those whom supporting the Earth Day celebration had switched off the lights and electric appliance in use for an hour. It's happened once a year meant to raise awareness about climate changes and the environment. As for 2013, this event is in its seventh year, encourages individual and organizations to switch off all their non-essentials use of electricity. And as for this year, it's happened at 2030H of the participants' local time.

But, other than that, what have we done to the Earth to keep it's healthy? Let's share together. As my family and I, we did the least we could.

1. We used cloth diaper for Syakir as early as he is a month old.
 

2. We brought our own bag to shopping, be it mall or pasar tani, not only on Saturday but any day that need shopping.

3. We brought our own 'tapau' container instead of taking polisterin or plastic bag.

4. We practice Recycle, Reuse and Reduce. We reuse the diapers, reduce using non-disposable material and we recycle things that we could.

5.  We tried our best to, as much as we could, take organic food, use organic laundry detergent and toiletries.

6. We adapt a better driving method in reducing the usage of petrol and tried as frequent as we could to use public transport. Oh, Syakir sangat suka train.

7. We tried as much as we could to have Syakir sleep without the lamp on.

8. We tried our best not to use air-conditioning.

I hope I could add this list on. Please do alert me more on what I could do in future. I wish I could plant my own vege and do lot more.

No comments: